Again, suspected Fulani herdsmen attack Falae, kill guard

Again, suspected Fulani herdsmen attack Falae, kill guard

//Godwin Ekosin//

There is disquiet in the Obaile residence of a former Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Olu Falae, following a second attack on his farm by a group of 10 men, suspected to be Fulani herdsmen last Sunday.
PREMIUM TIMES  gathered that during the attack, the hoodlums went away with one of the security guards at the farm.
It was learnt that men of the Ondo State police command later found the guard dead on Thursday in a pool of water a few kilometers from the farm after several days of search through the forest.
Although the police was immediately alerted on the development, the matter was handled discretely by both the police command and the Falae family.
A source told our correspondent that members of Mr. Falae’s family deserted their homes at Obaile for fear of an attempt on their lives.
Mr. Falae was first attacked  and kidnapped by the herdsmen in October last year, and was only released after his family paid N5million to his abductors.
Those involved were later arrested and are facing trial at the High Court in Akure.
The identity of the dead security guard, who is said to be a member of the O’odua Peoples Congress, is yet to be ascertained.
Police Public Relations Officer, Femi Joseph, when contacted Friday, would not confirm the incident, saying the Commissioner of Police, Hilda Harrison, would brief journalists on the matter “very soon.”
He said he could not speak on the matter as the police was yet to put together all the details regarding it.
The Police Commissioner actually called a press conference earlier on Friday but had to call it off for reasons yet unknown.
It was further learnt that immediately after the press conference was called off, the police boss went into a crucial meeting with the state governor, Olusegun Mimiko, at the government house.
The Personal. Assistant to Mr. Falae, Moshood Raji, when contacted, would not give details, saying it was a criminal matter being handled by the state Police Command .
Mr. Raji said he could not comment on the development because the police were still investigating the matter.
Our correspondent made several calls to Mr. Falae’s telephone but he did not answer or return the calls.  
He also would not respond to a text message sent to him on the matter. 

Posted from WordPress

2 thoughts on “Again, suspected Fulani herdsmen attack Falae, kill guard

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.